How to Apply

sustainability certification,masters in sustainabilityTo View Application Steps, Choose Your Level of Study:

How to Apply to the Online Military Land Sustainability Certificate

Step 1: Apply to the Online Certificate for Military Land Sustainability Program

The Graduate School oversees the application process for each program. The Graduate School has its own criteria for admission in addition to the specific admissions requirements for the Certificate Program. To understand more about the Graduate School admission requirements, visit the Graduate School Support Center. There you will find information regarding frequently asked questions along with self service features, Live Chat and technical support.

To complete and submit your application, visit the online application page on the Graduate School website. You may check the status of your application at any time. Applicants should be prepared to submit a personal statement, a resume identifying educational preparation and work experiences, and official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework. International students must include complete transcripts, a degree statement and TOEFL or IELTS scores. All applicants should have a minimum 3.0 GPA.


Step 2: Register for Classes

We must release your advising hold before you can register for classes. New students should contact Sarah Slover if they have an advising hold. After their first semester, students should contact their advisor. All students will use MyPack Portal to enroll for classes. MyPack Portal is a self-service system for students to update personal or academic information as well as a way to review semester schedules.

Enrollment is controlled by a specific enrollment date and time. You cannot enroll before your enrollment date is assigned. Access will be denied if you try to enroll earlier than the date indicated. You may enroll anytime after your enrollment window opens. Students with past due debts or any “holds” must be cleared by the Cashier’s Office to enroll. If you enroll late, you may need to calculate and pay your tuition and fees before you can enroll in classes.

Access to MyPack Portal requires a valid Unity/EOS ID and password. Directions for obtaining your Unity ID can be found online.

To register for your classes:

  1. Log into MyPack Portal with your Unity ID and password.
  2. Select your Student Homepage.
  3. Select the ‘Planning & Enrollment’ tile.
  4. From the left-hand navigation menu, select ‘Enrollment Wizard.’

Visit the Military Lands Sustainability Certificate Online Courses page to see course requirements and peruse course descriptions. Should you have any questions or need assistance with determining your course workload, contact us for assistance.

Step 3: Pay Your Tuition

All inquiries regarding payments and cost of tuition should be directed to the Cashier’s OfficePlease note that your tuition bill must be paid by its due date in order to hold your seat in any classes for which you have registered. Students may pay their tuition online via ePay or choose one of our other payment options.

Financial aid eligibility is determined by the Financial Aid Office. We encourage you to contact your financial aid advisor in the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. Criteria for funding is based on academic merit, demonstrated financial need and enrollment in multiple Online and Distance Education courses per semester. For additional information, please visit NC State’s Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid website or call 919.515.2421. NC State also offers a monthly payment plan.

To view current rates for tuition and fees, visit NC State’s Graduate Online and Distance Education Tuition Rates page.


Step 4: Transfer Credits

In order to be accepted, all transfer credits must have been taken no more than four (4) years prior to the completion of your Military Land Sustainability Certificate.

Only credits taken at NC State can be transferred into a graduate certificate program. You can only transfer up to 6 credits earned before admission into the graduate certificate program.
Apply for Fall by June 25, 2018
Apply for Spring 2019 by November 25, 2018

How to Apply to Online Military Land Sustainability Courses

Step 1: Apply for Admission to NC State University as a Non-Degree Studies (NDS) Student

Note: If you are a degree- or non-degree student who has been continuously enrolled, you may register for available online courses through MyPack Portal.

Only students admitted to NC State can take classes at the university. Anyone interested in taking courses without enrolling in a degree program at NC State must first apply as a Non-Degree Studies (NDS) student. Admission to NDS does not imply admission to an NC State degree program. NDS students are classified as non-degree seeking. Grades earned as an NDS student will go toward the student’s NC State University GPA or may be transferred to another institution based on that institution’s transfer policy.

The Post-Baccalaureate Studies (PBS) classification is assigned to those NDS students who have earned a bachelor’s degree. Enrolling as a PBS student is an excellent way to explore different fields of study to fulfill your personal and career goals.

As an NDS student, you may register for a maximum course load of eight hours per semester on a space-available basis. Some courses carry prerequisites or are limited to degree-seeking students, so review the course schedule to determine your eligibility.

If new NDS applications are not currently being accepted, you must wait to apply until after the start-of-term lock-out ends. You will not be able to take a class until next term.

To register as a new PBS student:

    • Begin by checking your eligibility for NDS status. To be eligible to apply for NDS, prospective students must:
      • Be eligible to return to any previous institution(s) attended.
      • Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at all times to remain eligible to continue.
      • Have accumulated less than 30 hours of total credit as a NDS student. NDS students are limited to a total of 30 hours of credit in NDS status. Students with 29 hours attempted will be allowed to register for the next term even if their enrollment in that future term will exceed the 30-hour limit, but they will not be activated for any subsequent terms once they have accumulated or exceeded 30 hours of credit. For more details, please see the NDS Enrollment rule.
    • If you meet the criteria for enrolling as an NDS student, and:
      • you have never attended NC State as a degree-seeking student, OR
      • you graduated with a degree from NC State and wish to enroll as a NDS student, OR
      • you previously attended NC State as an NDS student, but have not enrolled in courses for a year or longer,

Complete the online application. All applications require official transcripts and a non-refundable $25 application fee.

Note: NDS applications are good for a full year. For example, if you apply for Summer I, you do not need to submit a separate application for Summer II, Fall, or Spring.

The Registration and Records website provides additional information and answers to questions about Non-Degree Studies at NC State University.


Step 2: Pay Tuition

PBS students are required to prepay their tuition before they can register for classes. To pay your tuition:

For additional information and answers to questions about tuition and fees, visit the Cashier’s Office website.


Step 3: Register for Your Class

To register for classes you will need an NC State student ID number and/or NC State Unity (computer system) ID and password. These will be emailed to you once your NDS application has been processed and accepted.

  • NDS students can register for classes only after the open enrollment period begins. View upcoming open enrollment dates.
  • Using your NC State Unity ID and password, log-in to MyPack Portal, and select the class(es) for which you wish to register. MyPack Portal is a self-service system for students to update personal or academic information as well as a way to review semester schedules.



Our advisors can help.

Contact Us